IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Since a recommandation for Final Fantasy was asked by Terra200 in another thread, I opened another thread to deal with it because I didn't want to get to much into off-topic.

I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best one I played till now. (I nearly played all Final Fantasy XD)

Final Fantasy 8 has a nice love story but it's spell system is problem. You have to steal spell's from your opponents (max99 per kind) then you can link some of your character stats with those spells ex.: you link your HP with the spell Ultima then you will get extra HP for every number of Ultima spells you have. The bad part now is your maxHP will go down if you start using the spell. The same goes for your damage etc.
So you have to steal a maximum number of spell's but you better don't use them.

Final Fantasy 9 has an intersting story sadly it doesn't come out really good because of some characters. In fact you could drop the story of every character with the exception of Zidane and Vivi (Maybe Garnet and Eiko to). I didn't like the weapon system there to surching for very rare items to craft better weapons takes much time and without a guide you won't know where to find those items.

Final Fantasy 10 has a good story the only thing that wasn't very good was that the whole game was very linear. You go from point A to point B and from point B to point C you can't travel on the map like in the other Final Fantasys.
Final Fantasy 10 - 2 sequal to Final Fantasy 10 less linear but completely based on Missions.

Finla Fantasy 12 ... don't really know what to say the gameplay is good again a bit linear but the story is a mess. You play a dumb character that doesn't really evolve during the game and he isn't the Maincharacter of the story to be honest there isn't really a character that you could consider beeing the maincharacter ... Maybe Balthier could be the maincharacter at least he say's he is the hero of the story...

Final Fantasy 3 - 6 are not that good they are old if you like the nostalgic feeling you can try nr. 6 an maybe 4 they are not that bad.

I never played Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (I could buy them for PSP an try them out) ^^

And regarding Final Fantasy 11 the online game in the serie. I never played it but I heard that you nead ages to get you lvlups. ^^

In the end I would recommend Final Fantasy 8 and 10.
Final Fantasy 9 is good to but I think you have to concentrate on Zidane and Vivi to get the core idea of the story.

P.s. I'm a bit in a hurry so this is a fast and small review. Maybe I will rework it an go a bit more into details but I don't want to spoil to much so I need to think carefully about what I will write.

If someone doesn't agree with my opinion or has played one of the parts I didn't, you are free to write your opinion/review.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm

I already have number 8. just haven't had the time for that much gameplay (Damned exams)

I would definetly get number 7. The story really facinates me.

Thanks for the advice Blayce.

Keep up the love peeps I love you

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:10 pm

And if you really like FF7 (like I do =3) you can play the prequle to it. It's Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for PSP, and there is another FF7 game (the worst of the FF7 compilation) Dirge of Cerebrus for PS2. Then there is the movie Advant Children ^_^... Yeah I really love FF7...

Oh and I almost forgot there is an anime aswell, but its pretty much what happens in Crisis Core...

(on a side note Vivi FTW!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Terra200

Terra200

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:12 am

Advent has been released in Denamrk so of course it's on my DVD shelf. hahaha

The anime is that Final Fantasy Unlimited??? If it is I have most of the episodes released in herein Denmark.

I have already heard of Dirge of Cerebrus, and if I get across it I'm gonna check it out.

I never heard of Crisis Core but can you reccomend it???

Keep up the love peeps I love you

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:26 am

Final Fantasy Unlimited has nothing to do with the games.
The Anime Evasive is talking about is Final Fantasy: Last Order. It's an OVA that tell's what happened in Nibelheim. I can still recommend it even if you already know what happened through other games.
There is also another OVA Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals it's based on Final Fantasy 5 but takes place around 200 years in the Future.

Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus isn't that bad the gameplay could have been better.

Final Fantasy 7 Compilation:

1.) Final Fantasy 7: Before Crisis (Mobile phone game tell's the story of the Turks. has only been released in Japan as far as I know.)
2.) Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (PSP game tell's the story of Zack and answers some questions about the original game.)
3.) Final Fantasy 7: Last Order (Anime OVA tell's the story of what happened in Nibelheim)
4.) Final Fantasy 7 (PS1 the Original Game)
5.) Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (CGI Movie plays 2 years after the original game)
6.) Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus (Third Person Shooter for PS2 main character is Vincent Valentine plays 3 years after the original game)

You could count Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in to. It's not part of the compilation but the idea of the Life Stream from Final Fantasy 7 is an important aspect of this CGI Movie.

The actual list of Final Fantasy based Games is huge but I don't think we should list them all up here. ^^

Last edited by Blayce on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Oh and if I remember correctly a sequle to Dirge of Cerebrus is comming out on phones in Japan (Grr damn Japan and their crazy phones >_<)... Oh and I highly recommend Crisis Core for PSP, definatly my number 1 PSP game (many would agree with me ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 pm

I dont know anything about FF ^_^

I've watched 2 of the movies and played a bit of crisis core on psp though ;D~
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:59 pm

Yeah there is as "sequel" to Dirge of Cerberus.
Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode but it isn't really a sequel it's more like a chapter that has been cut from the actual game and is now released as Mobile Phone game.
I heard that it has been released in the U.S. an Japan.
There is no release date for Europe.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 am

Wow sounds kinda racist ahhaahah XD!
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Don't think it's really racist. XD
It's more a marketing thing.
Like Evasive said the people have these high-end-new-age-crazy-mobile phones and they are cheap as hell.
There are a lot of people in europe that still have those monophonic black&white mobile phone.
They wouldn't be able to play Lost Episode.
There are other problems with the european market that I won't mention here it would go to far. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Sounds like australia.. we are so slow getting certain things...

Like copy DVD's come out before the actual movie releases or even advertises!

It sucks being in a oversized island xD!
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Crisis Core should be released on Friday in europe. I can't wait to get it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Yeah I beat Crisis Core 3 times alrady ^_^;... Awesome game im sure you'll love it =3
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:11 am

On psp?

Wow we dont even have that xD! (any time soon as well), australians have to get theirs online from sites like pspiso.com xD!
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:22 am

@Ren-kun: Sorry but: HAHAHA OWNED!! XD
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 am

I said we had psp? XD! Zzz AUSTRALIA IS TOOO SLOWW.......... DAM YOU ISOLATED ISLAND.. DAMN JOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 am

I'm a bit surprised that Australia seem's to be that slow.
But that goes off-topic again.

Another question about Crisis Core. I heard that Aerith is very dumb in Crisis Core so without spoiling to much:
Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 am

Well... Aerith isnt really "dumb" they tried to make her look delicate and innocent, so when she moves around and talks the does everything kinda slow... And she has some strange responses to some question, but I don't see her as dumb...
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:55 am

I think I get what you mean.
Thanks for the quick answer. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I have my Special Limited Edition of Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:27 am

Many people are kinda into the innocent slow girl ^_^! (its probably a decision by the people up there in the company *nods head upwards*)

Anyways i find Zack (thats his name right?) voice kind of.. annoying.. Sorry but i wouldve of hoped it would be cool like some other VA's in the game.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Are you kidding me...? Zack Fair is easily one of my top favorite video game cahracters. Hes so funny at times, and hes really good ar fighting, how could you not like him...
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Well ill be honest, thats my first impression ~_~... i didnt get to go through the whole game so i didnt get to see his character development.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

It's a bit weird. You really get attached to Zack but if you know Final Fantasy 7 you already know his future.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 am

Wait are they doing things like Star war movies? Their going back in time? (Like they release movies from the future to the past)

Thats kinda cool Razz, but it also reminds me of melancholy, no such story/gaming order whatso ever.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 am

Blayce wrote:

Final Fantasy 7 Compilation:

1.) Final Fantasy 7: Before Crisis (Mobile phone game tell's the story of the Turks. has only been released in Japan as far as I know.)
2.) Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (PSP game tell's the story of Zack and answers some questions about the original game.)
3.) Final Fantasy 7: Last Order (Anime OVA tell's the story of what happened in Nibelheim)
4.) Final Fantasy 7 (PS1 the Original Game)
5.) Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (CGI Movie plays 2 years after the original game)
6.) Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus (Third Person Shooter for PS2 main character is Vincent Valentine plays 3 years after the original game)

That's the order of the storyline.
So you see that Crisis Core takes place before the actual Final Fantasy 7.
But you don't have to play those games and watch those anime/movie in this order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIDX Fansubs :: General :: General-
Jump to: