IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Banner properties.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:04 am

Currently for banners there are the follow options in which they can be made (If they are to contain more then one banner)

There is:
1. Fade - A transitional effect, An image eventually "turns into" the next image.
2. Wipe - A slide effect, the previous image does not move, however the next image appears section by section
3. Push - A slide effect, the previous image moves out as the next image moves in.

Within these effects there are the following options:
1. Enter from Above
2. Enter from Below
3. Enter from Right
4. Enter from Left

The following quality controls can be changed:
1. Quality: The quality of the movement from one image to the next (changing quality affects the size)
2. Time: Ranging from 0-1000 Centi-seconds, (0-10 seconds) per an image

Choose one each from the above 2 sections, from the quality control, the type of quality you would like to see and the time between each image.

It would be nice to add your reasoning/opinion, or any other suggestions to effects please do so Very Happy.

Love, The Moderating Team

Last edited by Ren-kun on Sat May 17, 2008 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:56 am

Give me a GIF test banner so I can see if it works in the first place.

Anything that slides or does whatever you want to try here. 900x280 Very Happy

If it works, it works. If it doesn't, we're stuck with one winner. XD
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:50 am

I made one on new, but since everyone had different size, i let the program do all the auto-resizing (which was crap, cause i used yours as the template XD, almost everything got resized except some which where smaller, or the same size as yours.

Luckily we have a cap on how big the width and depth are Very Happy! so there will definitely be more then one winner <3.

Ill explain the quality a bit more, If you wish to have is slide/push or what ever, the quality is determined by how many slides it will use up to change, if the quality is 2, the transition will occur over 2 slides (depending how fast it is, you still maybe able to see it, therefor not animation like = CRAP). Ill re-edit with a tester Very Happy

Heres an example. The letters A B C D E, each with different BG. All are exactly the same. (I might of made som errors when processing them so please 'bear' with me (GET IT XD?).

Banner properties. 63567005xx6 <-Transition: Wipe, Delay: 500 (5s), Quality 4 (Delay 0), size: 4031 Bytes

Banner properties. 53706565ez3 <-Transition: Wipe, Delay: 500 (5s), Quality 3 (Delay 0), size: 3160 Bytes

Banner properties. 65764531pu4 <-Transition: Wipe, Delay: 500 (5s), Quality 3 (Delay 1), size: 1947 Bytes

So yeah, if you want a conclusion, more quality means transition speed is lower yet smoother, and size increases. Decreasing quality means faster transition speed yet the transition is more 'rough'. HOWEVER, to a certain extent you cannot differ quality (from 3 to 2 its very hard to realise a different,forgive me think there were some timing errors or i forgot to fill some gaps) so yeah you can save quality there. If you want examples of other forms of transitions etc ill be glad (to a certain extent ok?) to make an example.

Remember this if for the winners, if you don't want a crappy final banner make sure you post your suggestion to make it to the communities liking (your a part of the community dont forget! Smile) (post it here that is)

Note: For those who do not understand how the size changes, other then the simple understanding of less quality = less size and wish to know more i can delve further XD. Or anything else please discuss it here so we know your issues.
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri

Zurenriri

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Or... on Static-Subs' website go there, and refresh the page a few times, you'll see that the banner changes after every couple of refreshes, but it's not a GIF image.
Possibly we could figure out how they do that?
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Ren.

I asked for a test banner, not an explanation ^^;

Zuren, keep in mind that they have a paid site D:
It's most likely done through HTML or CSS
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Anoh.. test banner = =... could you gimme a place i can leech random banners off? otherwise ill use the submissions we got now?

Dw i used your banners Razz

Heres just a normal test, no effects just changes.
Banner properties. Suvi1fv7

Forgive me though its about 1.2MiB xD!

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img170/8375/suvidr9.gif this is with the fade transition.

Give it time to load and run over once or twice (the link). Otherwise i say just make it change without effects Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 1:03 am

Tested and it works.

Multiple winners approved.

3 winners maximum.

But try to keep the length between transitions a bit longer so that it's not changing too quickly. I don't want it to change at the same speed of an annoying advertisement.

I recommend 6 or 7 seconds inbetween transitions
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 1:34 am

Alright ^_^. Well if necessary it'll come to a vote, but yeh i agree, 6-10 seconds is an ok mark. so it will be 3 winners maximum. Gosh talk about beefing up the competition >Very Happy. So im safe to assume no effects Smile?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banner properties. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner properties.   Banner properties. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banner properties.
Page 1 of 1