IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion

Go down 
+3
Evasive
Ren-kun
Suvi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:11 am

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This anime was one of my favorites! Great story and it made you piece things together. Everything was confusing until we hit the end and EVERYTHING just came together like puzzle pieces coming together on its own.

Loved the music of this anime as well.

[Note: It'd be nice to stay on topic.]

Last edited by Suvi on Sat May 10, 2008 5:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:14 am

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Suicidalharuhi

Ren-kun says:
Hahahah~ that looks like the chick from Melancholoy of Haruhi. etc etc XD! ( someone correct me i forgot the title of the anime) Id say it goes very well Very Happy.

Suvi is: 14 Hours behind me
Evassive is: 14 Hours behind me
Blayce is: 8 Hours behind me

Last edited by Suvi on Sat May 10, 2008 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:15 am

Blayce says:
You are right it is from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" in fact it is Haruhi Suzumiya. XD
But I don't remember how the Spirit/Monster in the backround was called. Did they even have names?
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:24 am

But why was the episodes released the way they are (when the correct order was elsewise), Apparently it was to increase the appeal. I think its called anachronic? i done something on this before, and its used to recall back to memories. But im curious, would you understand/think differently if you were watch it the two different ways?

Or really.. if Person A watched it in chronological order, and one anachronically would they both understand and appreciate animes differently? I've even heard it doesnt matter what order you watch it in. Someone find me the correct order plox XD!.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:37 am

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi was definitely one of the weirder animes Ive seen... I watched it in order it was "supposed to be aired" and I really don't see why everyone likes it so much. It was ok, but not an anime that I would re watch anytime soon =/ (It was a good idea of an anime though)
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Finally someone who agrees with me about the oddness of this anime! But say, why have a gun to her head for == ? What if kids go around and say "Hey everyone look at me im Haruhi Suzumiyaa! *dwaddles gun pointed at head*" Then suddenly the person gets shocked and.. well hey the imagination is a very blightful thing.

Which reminds me? Can anyone differ me the Original Aired order, and the Proper order?
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:19 am

Wth 3 different orders = =. I would always think there was two, and the 3rd would eb "watch it any way you would like" kind of thing.... zz... Means i have to re download the dam thing Very Happy. Oh yes fun fun fun...
Back to top Go down
Monochrome_tenshi

Monochrome_tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 am

It was a pretty odd series, but I liked it. My favorite episode was the concert one where she sings God Knows and Lost my Music. I think what was even weirder for me, however, was that during episode 5 I think; where Itsuki was explaining all that stuff about perceptions, the universe and about gods in the taxi, was that I understood what he was saying and understood that theory.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:42 pm

I liked Melancholy.....
Yes it was wierd and confusing but that's one of the cool points. It's actually kinda exciting in it's own way and it's a good stragedy from the creator's side cause you remember the anime better because it's aired so messy and confusing.

The monster is called a celestial....

I remember when I downloaded and saw episode 1 where they made the movie thingy..... I thought "what the h**l was that???" I got curious and continued and I gotta say I loved it, even though it was a lillte confusing.....

Okay peeps..... Cards on the table..... How many of you are abe to dance the Hare Hare Yokai dance??? (The ending dance) I'm not able yet, but I'm working on it....... I really wanna learn it.

check out these guys. It's a dance-group during the dance....
Link

Keep up the love guys I love you

/Terra200 I love you
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Don't know what problems you had with the order.
I watched the anime in the original order and I had no problems to understand the story at all.

I can't perform the ending dance on the other hand I never tried it so maybe... ^^
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:12 pm

I couldn't decide what order to watch it in... I didn't really like it >_>
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:53 am

Ending dance... yeh looked hard :O i think it got teased in Lucky Star though o-o" How they went "Dont choose a dance to hard blah blah". Though it did look easy on LS.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:13 am

I just remembered that I got this on my HD.

>Download<

It's a CG version of the Ending Dance (With Cosplay). ^^

I think the opening dance of Lucky Star is more difficult that the ending dance of Haruhi. (It is faster.) ^^
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:59 pm

I wouldn't mind trying out some of the dances they do in Tenjou Tenge's opening.
The Haruhi one is just too girly for me.

Around the time they started bringing in the idea that she was a god, I couldn't help but think of that song "What if god was one of us" by Joan Osbourne.
It got hard to focus on the anime after that. But the story line was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Johi wrote:
IAround the time they started bringing in the idea that she was a god, I couldn't help but think of that song "What if god was one of us" by Joan Osbourne.

I had the exact same thought......
I think the story was very captivating though I didn't catch the ending at all....... (Am I the only one who didn't catch what everything ended up with.....???????)
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Maybe you will get some answers with the second season
or perhaps you will have more questions at the end and you will be completely lost. XD

I don't dislike the idea of a second season but I don't think it's needed.

She wasn't really "Godlike" for a God. ^^
I mean a God should at least know that he/she is a God.
And if you think a bit about this concept I don't think the Creation would work like that.
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm

I think it was really just a slice of life type anime. The fact that she was a god was an extra thing to add some excitement to the story line.
The conclusion of the story was simply that she decided to stay with them and live that life instead of destroying it and making another.

Now if any of you guys have played American Mcgee's Alice, you might end up with a different look of this anime. In Mcgee's game, Alice was a little girl who ended up in a coma after her house caught fire. Now, even though they tried to push Haruhi as being a god, I still have the thoughts that maybe it could be something along the lines of Alice's coma. After all, we can have some control over our thoughts so the idea of having her friends actually turn out to be aliens or espers isn't unreasonable if she was living inside her own head.
Of course that would be way too sad an idea for a story line. It made for a great game though.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Blayce wrote:
Maybe you will get some answers with the second season
or perhaps you will have more questions at the end and you will be completely lost. XD

I don't dislike the idea of a second season but I don't think it's needed.

She wasn't really "Godlike" for a God. ^^
I mean a God should at least know that he/she is a God.
And if you think a bit about this concept I don't think the Creation would work like that.

They're making a second season???? Cool...... What a Face

Arrow BTW Blayce......
That video you posted.... I think it's from the Haruhi PS2 game..... The perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya....... Or something.... scratch

Have a nice summer sunny

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Terra200 wrote:
BTW Blayce......
That video you posted.... I think it's from the Haruhi PS2 game..... The perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya....... Or something.... scratch
Have a nice summer sunny
/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven

Good to know. ^^
I just downloaded it somewhere but I didn't where it was from.

There should be a second season but there is still no release date not even for the first episode.
So I don't know if they have started to work on it but it is planed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion   Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Discussion
Page 1 of 1