IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst Anime!

Go down 
+5
Evasive
Ren-kun
Zurenriri
Suvi
Blayce
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Terra200

Terra200

Worst Anime! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:43 am

Infiny wrote:
AND SAINT BEAST? THE FIRST OVA DEAL THING THAT WAS ONLY SIX EPISODES LONG?
Yea. I couldnt even get through SIX EPISODES of that crap. By the end I was fastforwarding. I hear the second series is better, but I'm wary after the first one DDDD:
I only liked the main character and some of the ending songs D:

I have to disagree with you, Infiny.
I really liked Saint Beasts. It's a great idea to see angels having doubts about the decicions of the heavens. It gives a new perspective to religion and stuff. Plus it's mixed with a hint of boy-love, and that's just delicious. (at least in my case Razz )

And yes the second season is way better than the first one, but also a bit confusing, because it's what happended when the saint beasts was chosen. Meaning Yuda and Ruka are good guys in this season. The setup is kinda like the Angelique series (Before neo angelique) The seasons each explains something but they don't come chronological.

About the music. I didn't think much of it. I didn't have the "wauw great music" experience. But overall I think the series get's way to little credit, because the main idea and the animation is really great.

Peace out peeps

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Infiny
Staff Fansubber
Infiny

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:11 am

@Terra200
Hmm, well, for me it's more like, I found it rather, uninteresting? Although it has elements I like separately, I suppose I just didn't enjoy the blending of them together. Although when I watched it the first time, I might have already been bored so it didn't really do anything for me? I wasn't really fond of the characters so the BL was lost upon me.

It's been like, a year or two since I watched it but I remember not being impressed.

As for the music, I looked back and have to say that I just meant Sweet Angel and maybe one other song, but that's cause I like Sakurai Takahiro too much bahahah.

I'm sure If I watch the second series and enjoy it, I'll come back to the first.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:14 pm

You should give the second season a try. It's way better than the first. the animation is more clean and a lot of things are explained in it. It's also a bit longer. There are 12 or 13 episodes. The way I see it the anime has some graet potential, but some things could be better. But I still like it. There are a lot of good elements and to be honest it's really rare to find an anime that's totally perfect in every aspect.

Keep up the love peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:54 pm

*jumps into the convo*

I actually thought 12 kingdoms was pretty decent, other then intriguing my sense for fantasy and magic etc, the story line was very complex and well thought, (though i must admit sometimes i had to watch it a couple times to get what was going on, and the begining was kinda weird), i also thought the english VA's and directing was very well done Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:06 am

Ren-kun wrote:
*jumps into the convo*I actually thought 12 kingdoms was pretty decent, other then intriguing my sense for fantasy and magic etc, the story line was very complex and well thought, (though i must admit sometimes i had to watch it a couple times to get what was going on, and the begining was kinda weird), i also thought the english VA's and directing was very well done Very Happy.

I had also heard only good things about 12 kingdoms and really wanted to check it out. But I gotta say I was really disapointed.

I was really bored durin the episodes of 12 kingdoms. The main plot was a good idea as always but the series seemed so clumsey and I didn't like the artwork either. It looked to werstern inspired to me taste.

I haven't heard the englisg VA's, but the japaneese did a great job considering the charecters have weak personlities. The characters..... just seems like have been taking some random decisions without putting more thought into it. (let's have an unsecure girl, a rebelious girl and some childhood friend and let's see what happens.....)

Over all I didn't have patience to watch the show to the end. Don't know how it managed to last 45 episodes.

Peace out peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:46 am

I lasted through it, i really watch anything to be honest XD~ Have you seen Chi's sweet home, a great anime wth 20mb episodes?

I heard people go "theres no point dling, after its soo small" but the heck i still downloaded it anyways (yet to watch it though), and has anyone seen CG R2 yet? Wow the plot is getting complicated by the second (and lulu is getting more obnoxious and self centred by the second its kinda hurting me), but hey sometime negative plots bad things makes a good anime shine... dont you think?
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Well sometimes it can be for the better but definetly also for the worse.

I think Izumo is a great example of the worse case. A bad plot (a bunch of kids get trown into a world (Again) and two of them holds a part of an ancient warrior soul needed by the bad guys.)

The characters are very much alike in their personallities and actions and that makes the interaction between them booring Sleep

But the ending was very sweet/sad romantic kinda. It was a real eye soaper. (I actually cried a little) Embarassed

Well keep the peace and love once again peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:21 pm

There is a funny thing with Izumo.
I have it and I saw it because I added a notice "Never watch this again".
Now the funny part I can't remember it at all. XD
Amnesia? XD
Perhaps I should rewatch it but what's with the notice? XD

Shining Tears X Wind is also a typical "Students get thrown in another world" plot. The most interesting character turns out being a complete loser. <.<'
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 am

Like I said in my first reply in this topic.....
How many times haven't we seen some kids get thrown into another world. It's a really old and well-used plot.

You know I thinik Kyo Kara Maoh at least makes something new of it. Instead of having the kid saving the world they're makiong him the king of it. Never seen that before. (Saw the first 13 episodes yesterday)

If ypu haven't checked Kyo Kara Maoh out you can download it as both rmvb ans avi > here<

Click english for "rmvb" and "avi version" for the avi version. Both should be in japanese with english subs. Great quality no registration.

Keep the love peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:01 am

But hey, you gotta admit, back in the day~ it was pretty good (the whole thrown in the world thing), maybe the plot it self has become a cliche.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:27 am

I absolutely agree Ren.
The idea is good, but it's being used to often. (gotta admit I use it in my own fiction as well)

The only way to malke things interesting with this kind of plot is to either make some interesting characters and/or make a twist in the storyline.

Keep up the peace peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:24 am

Just remembered one.
Final Fantasy Unlimited wasn't good too. If you compare it with the story of some of the games you can only be dissapointed.
Maybe it would have been better if they had made a anime version of one of the games.
Final Fantasy 9 would have been good as anime or maybe Final Fantasy 10 with an alternative ending.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Blayce wrote:
Just remembered one.
Final Fantasy Unlimited wasn't good too. If you compare it with the story of some of the games you can only be dissapointed.
Maybe it would have been better if they had made a anime version of one of the games.
Final Fantasy 9 would have been good as anime or maybe Final Fantasy 10 with an alternative ending.

Sadly I only know the story of number 7. (Seen the movie "advent children") But I really the series. The grapics are always breath-taking. I might take up the games if I get the time......

Any you can reccomend??????

Peace out peeps I love you

Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:56 pm

I just finished watching Rental Magica and I am a bit disappointed.
I heard a lot of good things about it but in the end it wasn't justified.
It was boring and I wish I hadn't downloaded it.
The most of the Characters didn't develop and the few who did made it in the wrong direction and came back to the way they were at the end.
So the whole thing was a bit useless. Story, action and jokes could have been much better.
The animation stay's rather average during the whole time.

The idea was good but they weren't able to make a good anime out of it. No
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:21 am

Anyone bothered to watch 10's to hundred's of anime episodes about a cat Very Happy? each episodes are like a small ad break xD! And the plot feels slow because of it Very Happy. Chi's Sweet home, something i recommend and kinda hate at the same time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monochrome_tenshi

Monochrome_tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:16 pm

I agree with the 12 kingdoms being the worst anime, I was so bored when watching it, it was like they were going into every single detail and never went straight to the point. Actually, I only watched the first dvd and then decided I didn't like it and never bought the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 am

A Friend of mine is a huge fan of 12 Kingdoms an he always wanted me to watch it but I didn't like the character design to begin with so I never saw it. ^^

@Ren-kun: You shouldn't recommend Animes that are bad. ^^
Or maybe at least don't recommend them here. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Anime!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2