IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst Anime!

Go down 
+5
Evasive
Ren-kun
Zurenriri
Suvi
Blayce
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:15 pm

We have some "Favorite" topics so this one is a bit different.

Which is the worst Anime you ever saw? (can be more than just one)

Post the Anime an a reason but watch out for spoilers!
You can help people saving precious bandwith doing so.

One of the worst for me was "Psychic Academy".
I don't even know where to start. Everything was bad. XD
The whole animation was bad. The CGI didn't fit in at all. The Characters where dumb.
I didn't watch it till the end even if the episode where only 10minutes long. I stopped at episode 2 and even that was a complete waste of time. XD
My brother read the Manga an saw the whole anime an he was completely disappointed to.

It's not really a spoiler but it tells you something about the end so stop reading if you still want to see it.
Spoiler:

So tell us about your worst Anime experience. ^^
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:27 am

When I think of horrible anime, Berserk and Neon Genesis Evangelion come to mind.

Why Neon Genesis?

HORRIBLE ending. The story and action, flow and all were awesome up until episode 23. Things just went downhill from there. The movie. No. All 3 movies didn't make up for the rushed crappy ending they did.

Why Berserk?

The ENTIRE story was about a guy's past. You might as well just cut out that it's a guy's past in the first place and start FROM the past. That way, the ending won't be so damn unsatisfying and PHAIL. They could make up for it with a season 2, but that was never done.

2 worst animes in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Zurenriri

Zurenriri

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:42 am

One that comes to mind right now is Makai Senki Disgaea.

I sat through four of the twelve episodes and decided that it was for three-year-olds. Some cheeky angel talkin' about love and happiness, and some immature demon giving out the message "No, I'm a boy, so girls have cooties. Ewwwww." Animation was decent, but the characters looked to be about eight or nine years old, and the female ones had clearly distinct tits. WTF?!

Two others I couldn't stand were two that were very popular here in the states for quite a while: One Piece (ZOMFG I R RUBBERMAN!!1!1) and, most of all, Naruto (I R NINJA WHO WEARZ BRIGHT ORANGE, AND IM DA BESSSSTTTT!!1!!11 BELIEVE IT BELIEVE IT BELIEVE IT!1!!1)
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:42 am

Zurenriri wrote:
characters looked to be about eight or nine years old, and the female ones had clearly distinct tits. WTF?!

If that is really disturbing you than you should never watch "Eiken". In fact it is one crapy show to. There are funny parts but the whole thing is really perverted an the girls are completely disproportionated.

Suvi wrote:
When I think of horrible anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion come to mind.

Ok now you lost a friend. XD

No you are right the ending was a bit ...
But that wasn't enough to put it into my worst category. ^^

But i agree with Berserk. I think I just watched 1 episode. XD

In fact I usually watch all kind of anime till the end even if they are bad but there are some shows out there that even I can't stand watching till the end.
That reminds me: avoid watching "Operation Sanctuary" as well. It's just stupid, and makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:48 am

I have watched eikan, terrible show, totally out-of-porpotion . . .

One anime i didnt really like Futakoi, however Futakoi Alternative kinda makes up for it Very Happy. Futakoi was afterall a so-so.

I my self is VERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII careful.... (Im very tight about the quality, and the story line etc.. i like to do some research before downloading)

I kinda feel like that D-grayman and bleach are starting to head downhill.. and naruto shippuden MIGHT be getting out of hand.. but either way ive watched some many fillers i feel immune = =.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:15 am

I <3 Neon Genesis Evangelion even if the ending was horrible. It was the first anime that I watched all the way through and man it was awesome. Besides a lot of animes have horrible endings, just look at School Days (Even thought I was really happy about one of the events >_>).
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:17 am

Agreeed Very Happy it ended crap, but it was a nice one Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm

There was another really bad anime that I just destroyed after the first episode.

It's licensed now, I don't even know how it got licensed.

I think it was called Red Garden.

The artwork was disgusting and the first episode didn't make sense AT ALL.

Haruhi didn't make sense either until the end, but it was a GOOD first episode and the artwork was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:23 pm

The first episode is always very important. People often decide after the first episode if the show is worth watching.

Take Touka Gettan as example.

I liked it in fact but the whole anime is told backwards. So the first episode is the last one and so on. So every episode makes no real sense it's only after you have seen all of them that you will understand. (or not) XD
It's an interesting idea but it makes everything so wierd an complicated. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:48 pm

@suvi Haruhi? From Ouran High school Host club? THats a good anime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:32 pm

... Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu or The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

I wasn't referring to a character.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Oh yes.. The ones with 2 ways too watch it = =. And the OP is kinda yucky Razz. I still dont understand the anime.. afterall i only watched it once.
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:48 pm

I liked Haruhi a lot. There's only 1 way to watch it, but the episodes aren't in chronological order. The OP and ED are sexy as well.

Getting back on topic.

I'd avoid Bottle Fairy unless you're into mini girls and just randomness. It's like a kids show, but without barney and turned into anime.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:26 am

Yes, and while suvi is along those lines, please dont watch Earth Defender Mao-Chan = =

I BEG OF YOU! DONT WATCH IT !
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri

Zurenriri

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:09 am

One other that I'm not sure on yet, since I've only had the chance to watch an episode and a half so far, is Fushigiboshi no Futago-Hime (translates to The Two Princesses of The Star of Mysteries... or something like that... my mediocre Japanese, sorry).

Anyway, it's got this pair of very strange girls who go on these weird adventures. A little entertaining, but it spans over fifty-some episodes, not sure if they can keep the laughs up that long...

Decent animation and all, but difficult to watch when someone else walks in to find you watching something about giggling little princesses... T_T
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:53 pm

I finished watching "Dragonaut: The Resonance" some time ago and what should I say ... I was really disappointed. First episode was good but 2 or 3 episodes later and the story was gone.
There where some good episodes later but the Anime was a failure.
The animation and characters were not that bad but they often reused the same scenes and the CGI goes from average to bad.
Opening and ending are not that bad either.

So I wouldn't say it's one of the worst Animes I ever saw but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't a real fan of Gonzo productions because you would be disappointed.
It's sad I think that the Anime had potential.
That seem's to be an illness in Gonzo productions which doesn't mean that all Gonzo productions are bad. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:01 pm

To an extent you can tell how good an anime is by looking at the producer/company who had worked on the actual anime it self Very Happy. Like in other products, Sony has a good reputation in some areas, so you should expect to find the same quality in other products. Perhaps its like that anime (i really want it to be). Oh and claymore.. wonderful story.. wth ending? (I really want a second season, otherwise.. this anime where the hell is it going xD)
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Claymore had a real good story even the ending didn't really bother me but the ending fight was a bit stupid I think.
To predict if an Anime is good by looking at the producer/company doesn't really work for me.

I mentioned Gonzo in my last post. I really like Burst Angel and Solty Rei but Dragonaut and Trinity Blood where really bad.

I think you have to read the Light Novels to enjoy Trinity Blood because I didn't get the story.
But it's not good if you have to read Light Novels to be able to understand an Anime. ^^
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I wouldn't judge if an anime is good or not based on company. It's the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

GONZO has some good and some bad anime. I like their new one, Tower of Druaga, but I really didn't like Trinity Blood. The action scenes and such were alright, but I didn't understand half of what the anime was about. It seemed so serious, and I didn't understand anything.
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri

Zurenriri

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:17 pm

I actually really liked Trinity Blood, despite the fact that the ending left me hanging somewhat. Although, that was one of the first anime I watched, I believe I was about twelve or thirteen years old...

One I watched a while back that I was real excited about was Dragon Drive. The first eight episodes had me begging for more, but it all died and went to hell from there. I quit watching at episode fourteen. How that thing managed to stay on the air for thirty-eight episodes is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Infiny
Staff Fansubber
Infiny

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:29 am

IM SURE I HAVE A FEW

But I really cant think of it right now

Lololol I still have to agree about Disgaea though. The game is pretty good, but the industry has once again failed to turn a good game into a successful anime.

I did like Trinity Blood (although I almost quit after the first few episodes), though more because it introduced me to the Light Novels which I rather enjoy reading.

AND SAINT BEAST? THE FIRST OVA DEAL THING THAT WAS ONLY SIX EPISODES LONG?
Yea. I couldnt even get through SIX EPISODES of that crap. By the end I was fastforwarding. I hear the second series is better, but I'm wary after the first one DDDD:
I only liked the main character and some of the ending songs D:

Night Head Genesis was honestly pretty bad. I only really watched it because it had this amazingly homosexual brotherly love thing going on, and since Naoya was voiced by Akira Ishida and a complete girl. The plot would have turned out better if they left out the last two episodes. All in all it wasnt TOO bad, but I would never recommend it to anyone, although I would watch it again for the LULZ. Especially since they licensed it.

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY
BECAUSE KIRA WAS STILL ALIVE AT THE END
IF THEY JUST LET HIM DIE IN EPISODE 38 OR 34 OR WHATEVER IT WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT SO MUCH BETTER
BUT NO
Jerks.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Agreed with the kira bit o-o". But hey you know for gundam 00, so many MAIN people died in so little episodes.. im like rush much? skew you and bring em back next season bish!
Back to top Go down
Magna

Magna

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:33 pm

I feel so left out not having watched Gundam T_T
But the worst anime that I've seen has to be Sukisho. I just hated it, it was plain stupid. I have no clue how I even finished the whole thing, but I really want the time I wasted back now. Terrible. It's waaay too overrated. Or at least that's what I think D=
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:40 am

No matter what you do. STAY AWAY FROM AYAKASHI!!!!!!

The opening theme is okay, but the story is clumsy and messy and the episodes are booooooring Sleep

The basic idea of possesin g a demon and you loose a bit of your life or ttime left with a specific organ is a great idea, but it's not used fully.
please STAY AWAY FROM THIS ANIME!!!!!

Also stay away from 12 Kingdoms.

I mean how many times haven't we seen some kids being transpoterted into another world??? (fushigi yuugi, Harakanaru....)
The artwork is horrible and the storyline is really dull and predictable. And the main characters are different from each other, but it seems like they're just thrown together randomly. It's not worth seing all 26 episodes of it.

BTW I loved Ouran High School Host Club, but I found the ending a bit rushed and clumsey.

Peace and loce people

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri

Zurenriri

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:14 am

I actually helped sub the first few eps of Ayakashi...
But yeah, it's not that great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst Anime! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Anime!   Worst Anime! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Anime!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next