IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mIRC - A Noobies guide~

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Empty
PostSubject: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:35 am

Hey there, for now I'll tell everyone about the mIRC! Basically it's a chat room! You have many smaller options in it, but basically you can just chat with anyone in it! Its pretty useful, send files ask for help and so on.

So what do you do?

1. Click this link.

What is it? Its the install for mIRC! It's 1.64Mib, just run it and wallah! Just a note: You will have a 30-Day-Trial window pop up, dont worry once it expires you can still chat and what not, so basically ignore it (of course press continue).

2. Once you got that click this, if you use firefox just press ok, when the warning window shows up.

3. There will be a small box which will open, In the box it will ask "Do you want to:", just click the first option which is " Change servers and join the channel", then hit "Ok"

4. Of course if any other boxes pop-up, they'll just be about your details (fill them up as requested)

5. When you log in you'll be given triggers which you can use. But the important ones are /nick "your nick" and /me "your message", of course ask around for more commands/triggers and such.

This guide is subjected to change.

Last edited by Ren-kun on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:32 pm

I get the message:

-Hydro.anisubs.net- Bad user info.

It keeps going on like that.
What should I do???
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:36 pm

Sorry I can't help you with that problem I don't know much about IRC etc...

But since Ren-kun mentioned Firefox users: Firefox has his own add-on for IRC it's called ChatZilla.

Here is a link for the Firefox users that want to try it out: >Hit me!<
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Bad user info... Thats odd, havnt come across there. In mIRC options (alt+O) you should only fill in Full Name, Email Adress, Nick-Name. Leave everything else to default. If symptoms persist please tell me what you have done etc. If i cant help you ill get the pros (like shinobi) to step in Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 am

Ren-kun wrote:
Bad user info... Thats odd, havnt come across there. In mIRC options (alt+O) you should only fill in Full Name, Email Adress, Nick-Name. Leave everything else to default. If symptoms persist please tell me what you have done etc. If i cant help you ill get the pros (like shinobi) to step in Very Happy.

I already did that and I'm still getting the same message. I'm so lost. I feel like such an alien alien

Hope that someone can help me with this. I appreciate all the help and support I'm given. Smile

Keep up the peace and love peeps I love you

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:43 am

Im thinking it might be something with your computer then, assuming your settings are correct? Did you install everything for mIRC (like you did default, not custom and ticked of sum stuff?), did you set your firewall to allow mIRC to connect to the internet?

What is everything you have done in regards to using mIRC/setting it up.
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Followed your instruction down to last spot. I also made sure that my firewall allows it to run. Nothing else.
I made no additionnal changes or anything like that at all.
The chat-window says something about stofanet(the administrator of my network (danish company)) is being rejected and then the bad user info thingy comes up.

Should I just give up????
I'm losing my courage here. Sad

Appreciate the support peeps and remember, keep the peace I love you

/Terra200 Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:58 am

Wow, never heard mIRC being countriest XD~ (if you get what i mean). I think we have to pass this to shinobi. Stick tight, ill ask him to talk to you ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi
Staff Fansubber
Shinobi

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 am

refered links

http://forums.quakenet.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=2031&

http://www.ircbeginner.com/opvinfo/masks.html

That's all i can refer to atm no one has anything clear on any forums
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:15 am

Our best bet, is your ISP/country net has been.. well.. we could compare it to the problem in certain asian countries where sites/information is 'censored' or no existent. Otherwise those 2 sites may help you.

Hope to see you in the channel soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mIRC - A Noobies guide~   mIRC - A Noobies guide~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mIRC - A Noobies guide~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIDX Fansubs :: General :: General-
Jump to: