IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

International Clocks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

International Clocks Empty
PostSubject: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:32 am

Dear sexy suvi <3

Ive read quite a bit of previous chit chat in the c-box and such, and it has come to my attention (and i now have time to say this), we need an international clock!

Like the airports they have a clock of the time at each of the major cities! Very Happy, if possible we could have that, even better if names of the people under these clocks so people can get the general idea of what time it is for each other. The forum it self does relate time to when things happen, say if i posted this at 4:30 it would appear another time to readers to their set time (if you have done this), it doesnt however tell readers what time it is for others.

It would be a handy thing to have.... because lots of people including my self, dont want to use my mathematic skills just to find out the time (its such a confusing thing to do).

A nice suggestion (i hope your happy evassive and etc, i wanted you guys to ask >Smile

If nothing can be done Very Happy? lets put our position (our where we live) instead of say, your closet how about also adding the GMT of yours Very Happy!, or possibly we could have a time plug-in for each individual Very Happy THAT WOULD BE SO GROOVY!! For now mine will say GMT+10

*chucks on so glasses and hair flows in the wind with a sunset background* Until next time~
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:48 pm

I changed my location to match my GMT ^_^, but there definitely should be like a universal clock at the top of the forums so we don't have to calculate the times in different timezones...
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Yes yes~ i know... i say it should also have the names of the online users under each clock Very Happy! or at he very least when clicked links to a list of people who are under the related time Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:17 pm

I think you guys are forgetting this is a free forum and many things are restricted or not even available ^^;

If you've run a forum and have any suggestions, feel free to post about it.
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:13 am

Heres something helpful for now Very Happy

go to

www.google.com

type in

time at "xxxx"

where xxxx is a name of a country, major city, major town, state etc.

so if i did "time at Sydney" ill get this, very helpful in some situations.

International Clocks Asd11
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Its helpful but its still to much work >_>
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:52 am

LOL, we complain to much. So far i havnt hit anything on google, just people who are requesting a plug-in etc etc for clocks etc Very Happy. Though on a invision forum i was with before, they had a clock ( i think, it was just too long ago)
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:32 am

Everyone has desires and everyone wants something, but not everyone can get their way and not everyone has to offer what is wanted by most.

An internal clock isn't NECESSARY. A forum is for leaving messages behind for people to reply to right? This isn't instant chat where people are sitting there expecting a reply instantly.

You post messages and wait for a reply. In the meantime, while waiting, you can do what you like.

An internal clock is not needed. We don't need to check what time it is at who ever's place.

With forums comes patience. No matter what time it is, whatever you post will still be there to be answered to.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:36 am

I think im going to cry.. that was very deep T_T". ( I wonder if Blayce and evassive etc get the same reaction)

But anyways, right now i have a stick note on my wall towards the right of my screen, i wrote down the minus's and plus's of time to each of you, (currently itsonly suvi and Blayce).
Quote :

Fri May 09, 2008 1:29 am
Its helpful but its still to much work >_>

Evassive is more lazier then me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:40 am

Haha, I didn't mean to be harsh with that, I just wanted to be straight.

Anyways, I can't find anything about Internal clocks in the administrative panel and on google for this kind of forum, so this suggestion is scrapped.

If no one can find anything on this in 3 days, then this topic will be closed.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:42 am

Agreed. I will keep to that promise and continue searching.

To the other sexy mods: Please take a look too.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:31 am

To be honest I thought it was a useless idea right from the start. XD

It would be an additional information if you are chatting with someone but like suvi said it's kind of useless for a forum. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:34 am

It maybe useless... but still, it would be helpful.

Say if we are all chatting without being annoying and peskering each other whats the time, or even aid us to help understand the current situation. Take for example me. If i wrote a pissed mood, there would be a difference between being pissed, and being pissed if i wrote something 3am in the morning (dont by syndicalist just listen), it would help understand etc etc, also its great to understand .... zzz... ok im blabbing now.

Besides the point, its not NECESSARY, however it would be USEFUL =]. Afterall we are dealing with a multinational community.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:26 am

Lol, pretty much what Suvi is trying to say is that a lot of the stuff we are asking for are a waste when we ony have 4 active members... Just like what he said about his old site.

Quote :
This is the problem I had with the person at my old site. He kept on acting like we were huge and needed everything right away. He made the forums have so many useless categories when we had ZERO active users. I don't want to go around attracting attention to IIDX only to get DDOS in the end and screw everyone over. - Suvi

Lets just take it slower and let Suvi work on the actual fansubbing so we can attract more members =3
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:21 am

Hey, but cant we have a little bit of luxires Very Happy? other then the fact this may become busy. Its nice to have objects to make forumling life "that much simpler". xD anyways, if we dont try we never know D=? -still looking for clock applets etc-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Clocks   International Clocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Clocks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIDX Fansubs :: Problems and Suggestions :: General Suggestions-
Jump to: