IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just things from my opinoin!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Just things from my opinoin! Empty
PostSubject: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:45 am

Hai hai~

You might already know the following but!

1. Font is sometimes to difficult to read ( like green/blue with a blurry white outline) or maybe its just me i feel like the text might be outta porpotion? (hey im being as constructive here as possible, as they say a true friend will tell the truth no matter how damming)
2. Some phrases go past too fast? i think itll be cool if you push whats been said previously and in a different colour the second person who speaks! (note: if you like me to tell you where as an example, id like any excuse to watch kanokon again <3)
3. Later or however you wish.. lets have .mkv ;D! with different size options? ill be glad to seed the larger screen sizes Twisted Evil - COUGHZ- i mean Smile
4. Theres more but it'll come around Very Happy

Other then that! keep up the good work! Together we can all make this anime and community become popular ;D!

Hi hi Ren-ren here again Very Happy

1. The OP seems to change a bit xD? which OP karaoke is correct?
2. When chizuru-san's little brother gets knocked out by the class president she says something? seirengu? MAYBE? ( a bit after 6:00 in Episode 1)
3. I believe there is a joke just before this as well, 1 being about the extreme? (maybe a cute editors note will be awesome Very Happy! there seems to be something going on, slightly perverted, which is why Tayura got punched) and the one when Chizuru mis-interprets Kouta 3:27 Episode 1, she MAY of mistaken Harder/Randomly possibly due to either the similar uses due to context OR kanji/katakana (sorry half year of japanese ftl). These things are Japanese Puns yeh? well anyways i believe their hard to pick up/to explain to begin with.
4. Editors note Very Happy! when you get better lets make it a pro one. e.g. colours semi-transparent screen comes down(lets add that paw print sumwhere on the editors note, for personalization reasons?)! with an explanation OR cute editors note to improve on humour! the gold fish was WAS VERY effective! (might add a meaning to it?) However you did do a nice attempt about when Chizuru got accused of Bun Boobs.
5. The Bento Effect! I think you may of jumped or is jumping between Bento its self- and Lunch box! Saying lunch box even though it is kinda the same thing... kinda loses its japanese touch. I've seen some debate about this. so why don't we? I personally say Bento box and a quick simple Editors note would do to explain it. Very Happy
6. Will further delve into more detailed requests about other jokes further in.

Stay tunes <3, hope this helps ;D

[Moderator note: Please use the edit button and repost in your topic to show that it was edited. Double posting will be allowed on these occasions. There aren't really any rules at the time now anyways ^^;]
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:55 am

http://iidx-fansubs.niceboard.org/news-f1/release-quality-t18.htm

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/XzUltima/Preview.png

The first link says I will give in proper everything Very Happy

The second link is a preview to of how good it will be.

1st and 2nd suggestion were already taken care of, but thank you for the tip.

3rd suggestion of mkv... I'm still learning the ropes, so I may not be able to encode mkv quite yet.

When I do learn, I'll put it up ^^b

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote :
1. The OP seems to change a bit xD? which OP karaoke is correct?
2. When chizuru-san's little brother gets knocked out by the class president she says something? seirengu? MAYBE? ( a bit after 6:00 in Episode 1)
3. I believe there is a joke just before this as well, 1 being about the extreme? (maybe a cute editors note will be awesome Very Happy! there seems to be something going on, slightly perverted, which is why Tayura got punched) and the one when Chizuru mis-interprets Kouta 3:27 Episode 1, she MAY of mistaken Harder/Randomly possibly due to either the similar uses due to context OR kanji/katakana (sorry half year of japanese ftl). These things are Japanese Puns yeh? well anyways i believe their hard to pick up/to explain to begin with.
4. Editors note Very Happy! when you get better lets make it a pro one. e.g. colours semi-transparent screen comes down(lets add that paw print sumwhere on the editors note, for personalization reasons?)! with an explanation OR cute editors note to improve on humour! the gold fish was WAS VERY effective! (might add a meaning to it?) However you did do a nice attempt about when Chizuru got accused of Bun Boobs.
5. The Bento Effect! I think you may of jumped or is jumping between Bento its self- and Lunch box! Saying lunch box even though it is kinda the same thing... kinda loses its japanese touch. I've seen some debate about this. so why don't we? I personally say Bento box and a quick simple Editors note would do to explain it. Very Happy
6. Will further delve into more detailed requests about other jokes further in.

Number 1 will be void since that's Moetaku's job. I didn't really watch their karaoke as opposed to mine. As they had a different translator do it, I'm not sure who's is right as different translators give different opinions on meanings.

2 - It's just a sound effect like getting hit or something. It's not really a word.
3 - Asahina asks that they have a "Normal" relationship, however, Chizuru says things would be a little more "Extreme" implying that things would be more sexual than what she was doing to Kouta just now. Most people would know this. She just wanted to say harder because she wanted to do it... She didn't really hear the wrong thing.
4 - I don't handle effects for notes as that is Moetaku's job, however, I do handle what's inside the notes. The 1st episode had jokes because it was the VERY first episode I've ever done in my life. Having too many comments and trying to be funny is very bad. I'd like to keep those to an absolute zero when doing it for Moetaku as they strive for quality.
5 - I'll take this into consideration when translating ^^b maybe have a poll later on and let the people decide.
6 - Don't want to add any episode related jokes as that might bring complaints and possibly turn off the audience/destroy quality of the episode [Enjoyment wise]

Over all, very nice suggestions, thanks for writing ^^b
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:23 am

Wow you really are working to hard T_T"

I should really work hard practicing subbing XD! So more peeps can help ya o-o"

Btw could you give me some tips please (or really help me start off XD)
Back to top Go down
Suvi
Head Fansubber
Suvi

PostSubject: Re: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:02 am

Heh, well, if you plan on solo subbing, knowing Japanese is a must and there are many ways to learn that.

Timing... I think you would know already, since you've seen the links I've posted.

Typesetting... I haven't learned this to its full extent yet... Main reason is because I can't read Japanese so I don't usually have signs to typeset anyways.

Karaoke... This comes with experience... K-timing is extremely time consuming, but you only need to do it once. After that, you just need to apply a template and style it with override tags. Add an automation if you like. Karaoke isn't easy.

Anime FX... Should ask someone else ^^; I'm not really that great with FX.

Encoding... This takes a lot of time if you have a crappy computer and it comes with a bunch of mistakes. You need tons of practice and strict teaching. This is isn't easy to learn.

There's more to it, but joining other fansubbing groups with more staff members who have experience is definitely good for you. Joining my group, with just me and an editor with a newly joined timer who learned the exact same way I did... Not helpful. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://iidx.wordpress.com/
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:59 am

Oh i see... Well i'd rather be in this new atmosphere -rubs head-, of course at a bare minimum i shall practice on my own terms and see how i go from there. Of course as long as im here, and assuming you will be here as well, you'll get better XD. Im in no rush anyways, got exams and stuff to worry about (especially parents ><), However sometime in the future i'll be good enough to help Very Happy. Worry about the stuff you have now anyways Very Happy.

-Goes to attempt subbing random videos-

Mad GRR EYE OF THE TIGER> >=)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just things from my opinoin!   Just things from my opinoin! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just things from my opinoin!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIDX Fansubs :: Problems and Suggestions :: Episode Suggestions-
Jump to: