IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Important thing to have!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

Another Important thing to have! Empty
PostSubject: Another Important thing to have!   Another Important thing to have! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:17 am

Netmeter! <-- link

Please look at this site and support it by reading and flicking through sum reading? (ill give ya a link straight to the darn thing so dw! -flaps hands up and down-)

So this baby will allow you to monitor how much you are downloading and uploading at 1 second intervals! VERY user friendly and options and such are pretty much self explanatory!

So heres the link (just hit the download button)

Its small.. uses minimal resources.. and great for keeping track of your torrenting etc as it can stick on the bottom left corner (with adjustable sizes etc) and can be left to stay above any windows (except full screen). Gamers can also keep track on how much it takes to host games(10-30KiB) or have video convos ( apprx 30Kib) and can give you monthly/weekly reports.

Yes a very interesting and helpful tool! Hope it can help you as much as it did for me!

Note: Now you may ask what do i mean by MiB or KiB or GiB! Ill give you a quick explanation or follow this link here for further reading. Basically adding the i in between the KB makes it become a KiB! (simple huh?)

Now a KB refers 10 to the power 3 (or bassically 1000 bytes), a KiB (pronounced as kibibyte *a contraction of kilo binary byte*) will represent 1,024 bytes (or 2 to the power of 10). Following the link you can see how in files or Hard drives this becomes quite a big difference (this is how harddrive makers make money kinda).

And hence adding the "i" will help remove the stigma/confusion associated on how big is a KB/KiB is!

This information has been said as the Netmeter uses KiB/MiB etc as a default display, however you can change this in options.
Back to top Go down

Another Important thing to have!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIDX Fansubs :: General :: General-
Jump to: