IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game 12: Have you seen this parody?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Johi

Johi

Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Empty
PostSubject: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Lucky! Game 6 and 12? What are the chances of getting my lucky numbers like this.

Ever watch an anime and get a feeling of Déjà vu? Many animes seem to have storylines or character types reccuring, so even if its a new title it may feel as though you've seen it before.
One thing I've noticed in many animes I've watched is a recurring character. No matter what he does to try and change his look, I can still tell its him!
Below are 4 pictures of this guy. Tell me what anime he's playing in, what his characters name is and any nickname the character might have.
So:
Character #:
Anime:
Name:
Nickname:

You can put N/A if there is no nickname.
Also, tell me three things they (character) all have in common. HINT: Two are physical, one is occupational.
1:
2:
3:

Now let us meet this handsome guy!

Character #1:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Blonde1lm4

Character #2:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Blonde2hh6

Character #3:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Blonde3td1

Character #4:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Blonde4ap9

Each picture contains a clue to help you identify the character.

But wait, there is more. In two of the animes, of which this guy is featured, other minor parody's can be found. (There are a lot more, but lets not make this too long)

Tell me what this item is, what anime it's from, which anime that is referenced above has a similar item, and what is their common function (HINT: Think past tense)?
Item:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Itemio1

Item:
From anime:
Reflected in the anime:
Function:

This young man is whom, from what anime, his second look (HINT: He dies) from said anime can be found in which of the above referenced animes, and is reflected in what character?
Character:
Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Youngej1

Character name:
From anime:
Reflected in the anime:
Character with similar look:

HINT: These last two can not be found in the anime that features Character #2.

Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

This is a very very difficult one.
To solve Evasives question you had to know the rules of the book and you had to watch the first episode but that was easy compared to this one. XD

To solve this Game you have to know all those animes and you had to notice that guy with his character.

I have only seen one of them. ^^

Character #4:
Anime: Trinity Blood
Name: Abel Nightroad
Nickname: Don't know (maybe N/A but I'm not sure.

Things they have in Common:
1: Glasses
2: Hair

I can't tell for the 3th one since I don't know the other characters.

So that's pretty much all I can tell even if Character 2 and 3 look familiar to me but I can't tell who they are or from where.
I'm sure I don't know the first Character. ^^

Last edited by Blayce on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terra200

Terra200

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Blayce wrote:
This is a very very difficult one.
To solve Evasives question you had to know the rules of the book and you had to watch the first episode but that was easy compared to this one. XD

To solve this Game you have to know all those animes and you had to notice that guy with his character.

I have only seen one of them. ^^

Character #3:
Nickname: Don't know (maybe N/A but I'm not sure.

Things they have in Common:
1: Glasses
2: Hair

^^

Isn't character #3 Kain Cross from Vampire Knight???

I think I saw character #1 in Yami no Matsui (Decendants of Darkness) but I'm not sure at all.

I agree with Blayce. This is too hard and there's too much to answer in my opinion.

One point they culd have in common is that the character is wacky???? (Just a guess.....)
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:09 pm

*grins*

So far everything is correct.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

Oh I guess I could give a hint...

All these animes have something in common. If you look at the story line of those you've answered already, you'll see it.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:35 pm

After doing some research with the information of Terra200 I found this:

Character #1:
Anime: Yami no Matsui (Decendants of Darkness)
Name: Watari Yutaka
Nickname: Don't know

The very last Guy:
Anime: Gungrave
Name: Brandon Heat
Nickname: Gungrave (<-- if you want. XD)

But again since I havn't seen the animes I don't know the Connection between Brandon Heat and those other Anime's.

And for the Connection the only thing I see is that there are Vampires or other Un/dead creatures in it but that doesn't really help. XD
Another Hint maybe? ^^
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:00 pm

All I know is that the item in the picture is the Death Note from.... Death Note.... Used to kill people obviously... but I don't know how its referenced to any other anime...
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 7:42 pm

Ok let's try this out.

Character #1:
Anime: Yami no Matsui (Decendants of Darkness)
Name: Watari Yutaka

Character #2:
Anime: Zombie Loan
Name: Bekko
Nickname: Ferryman

Character #3:
Anime: Vampire Knight
Name: Kain Cross

Character #4:
Nickname: Don't know (maybe N/A but I'm not sure.)

Item: Death Note
From anime: Death Note
Reflected in the anime: xxxxx
Function: xxxxx

Character name: Brandon Heat
From anime: Gungrave
Reflected in the anime: xxxxx
Character with similar look: xxxxx

I'm unable to find out more.
I'm not even sure if Character 2 is correct.
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:19 pm

All are correct so far!

They are indeed all animes that deal with undead. This should also help with the common feature of the first 4 guys (occupational).

I thought the second one would be the most difficult, but you nailed it. He is actually the only one with a nick-name from that group.
Brandon Heats nick-name is Beyond the Grave though.

Ok, as for the next hint....

The animes that feature gentleman #1 and #3 contain what you're looking for in regards to the item and the character look.
The item can be found as early as episode 2 of one of these animes. Listen closly to the function of the item though, since its utilized differently.
The other one, it's atleast in the first season.

*smiles*
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:07 am

Good that you didn't ask for Brandon Heats nickname. ^^

I searched for an hour to find the second guy using google and and a discription of his look. <.<

For the common occupation: They kill or let kill Undead?

I havn't seen these Animes and I don't think I will download an watch them to solve this Game so I have to pass for the rest. ^^
You really made a though game this time. ^^

Good luck to the one that will solve the rest. ^^
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Very close, but not quite it.

I'll treat the Deathnote and Brandon Heat as extras. They don't exactly fit with the 4 guys and were just things I found interesting.
So that means there is only one thing left to do.

Now, it doesn't deal much with the gentlemen in the pictures, but who they work for. Don't worry about being specific.
But two of the guys never killed or had killed undead during the anime series. Its still all about the undead.

Good luck!

Don't blame you for not watching animes of this genre. Movies and books are much better for info on how to fend against the undead.
However, if I get to do another game, some characters from these animes might show up.
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:19 pm

They work for the coexistence between Humans and Undead.

P.S.: I watched Trinity Blood an I didn't like it at all.
But Zombie Loan seem's more interesting. How is it?
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Not quite. Some still work on killing them. So its between the two.
But since you mentioned both of them already, I'll give it to you. I was looking for something a long the lines of organizations that deal with the undead.

So, Blayce wins!

Also, as for the bonuses:
The item was the death note and in Yami no Matsuei there is a book of Hades. Both of these books contain the names of people who have died.

Brandon Heat when he becomes Beyond the Grave had this look:

Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Av-5725

And from the anime Vampire Knight, the vampire hunter Toga Yagari had this look:

Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Yagarihc3
Cowboy hat, duster, something covering one eye, long hair and carries a big gun.

Zombie Loan was interesting. They had the typical 'stupid girl' in the anime (which I hate), but the two main characters were mean to her and totally made up for it.
Only one season, which sucks since they left with a cliffhanger at the end.
I guess I don't want to hype it up and turn it into some kind of let down to you in the end, but I think it was worth watching. Its well drawn as well, which is a big deal for me. I decided to watch it because it dealt with zombies and it was a pretty anime.

I tend to prefer zombies over vampires, but the general population doesn't. Vampires like you for your looks. Zombies like you for your brains. *nods*
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:05 am

Well said there johi =D!
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks I will try making something more difficult than I usually do.

I think Vampires like you for your blood but I see what you mean. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 12: Have you seen this parody?   Game 12: Have you seen this parody? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 12: Have you seen this parody?
Page 1 of 1