IIDX Fansubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some fan stuff *shrugs*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Johi

Johi

Some fan stuff *shrugs* Empty
PostSubject: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 am

I actually didn't know where to post this, so I shall post it here.

I like to make signatures for forums and such, even though I'm not that great at it. It's more of a hobby to me than anything else.
These are some of my roughs. This is my first time on a forum that has a dark background, so I never realized just how badly I did some of these. I've tried to correct some since then, but there's quite a few.

My current signature:
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Johisignab02vw2

One I made but will never use (Too yaoi-ish(?)):
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Nabarsig2xf9

My signature before I got here (notice the edging?*shivers*):
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Malsig3ir4

Made for Ren-kun, but might be to girly (I'm working on others):
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Rensig02ua6

I have many more, but I'm not willing to show them. This is actually what I do in some of my free time, trying to get better at it as I go along.
One day I might be able to do an awesome one.

Last edited by Johi on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:18 am

I WUV JOOO Very Happy!!!!

MAOOOR MAOOOOOOOOOOOOOR *rubs self* XD!
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:03 am

*nods*

I've been working on some, trying a new technique. Hasn't worked out so well. So while you wait, here are some older ones.

Some fan stuff *shrugs* Camisig5iz6om2
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Malsigna2le9

Made for a competition. The first one won due to it's sexiness.
Hmm, I should have taken out the purple in the second one.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:55 am

Thats hawt <3

Gimme gimme moar moar mooooaarrZ!!!!!! xD

your work is so unique =D
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Who is the artist that drew the characters of the last 2 Signatures?
I really like the style of your work. ^^
What do you use to make them? Photoshop?
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 am

The artist is Hyung-tae Kim. One of the creators of the games Magna Carta, MG: Tears of Blood and War of Genesis III.
MG:ToB website
I've been using the characters he's created for a while now. Click on Game -> characters to see the ones for that game.

I use Paint Shop Pro. Thank you guys for the compliments.
I haven't been able to make a nice one for awhile now. So it might be awhile before I can get some new ones up here. If you guys ever see one you like I'll edit it for you. Although, some of the older ones I lost the template for (just have the completed ones loaded up on imageshack).
Usually I make about 4-5 before I get one I like enough to keep.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 am

I would like you to make a logo for me please =D!

RenRen Designs (copy right =3) Very Happy! (its for my major in IPT and i lack a logo for the website company i'm being for the project)

http://www.shinopix.com/~onlineups/ is what i've done so far (On notepad dont flame Razz) an artist opinoin/suggestion would be good Very Happy!

So yeah please help me make a logo ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 pm

*scratches head*

I was hoping I wouldn't be put on the spot.

But your logo is good, just needs to be cleaned up some. I can try and work some stuff out, but don't rely on me or anything.
Finals and such coming up soon, plus registration for the coming semester (my teacher/advisor is out on maturnity leave and I'm already having some difficulties). However, it's a holiday, and I get a 4 day weekend.. so, I'll see what I can do for you.

EDIT:
Not doing so good with the logos.

But I did this real quick, still trying out that technique.
Some fan stuff *shrugs* Rensig3fv4
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:59 am

The bubble effect? It doesnt match i guess.. but the effect it self is pretty groovy Very Happy! Thanks if you can find the time ^_^ no pressure =3
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:47 am

I think the bubbles aren't that bad. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:32 am

The colouration of the bubbles are kinda of odd xD? But it might be nice if you imagine it on other signatures... yeh i can see it now ;D~ very interesting..
Back to top Go down
Blayce
Suvi's Royal Guard
Blayce

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:34 am

The only thing I would try to change is to place some bubbles in front of Konata so that it looks like she is surounded by them.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 am

Ohhh! i See what your on about blayce Very Happy! Some moe moe action there XD!
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 pm

I never realized how difficult it was to make a logo. I had about 5 ideas for it and everyone of them failed in the end.
Then I thought of something the other day and did ok.

Some fan stuff *shrugs* Logo01nm1

There it is.
For the .png version click >here<.
It'll give an invisible background incase you want to put it on another colored background. I wouldn't suggest putting it on top of a dark/black background due to the black lettering.

Some fan stuff *shrugs* Logo02dj0

I doubt I could do anything better. So this is my first and final.
Hope you like it Ren.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:58 pm

yeah logos are kinda annoying to make cause you want them to look cool, but in the end you reall dont have to do anything fancy with them =/...

Like the one I made for work: Some fan stuff *shrugs* Banner_WEB

personally I think the more simple they are the better they look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.changinglivesma.com
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Nice.
I've never been able to do the neon lines like that, no matter what I've tried.

What program do you use? Paint shop doesn't allow me to do much manipulation with lines other than angling them. I had to use MS paint for the logo I just made.

Do you have any other work? If I remember correctly, you made the new banner for this place right?
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Photoshop FTW!!! =3 Yeah there is no other image editing software as good as Photoshop (CS3 = win)...

some random work

Most of my work is saved on my PC but i'm too lazy to upload it... There are a couple of things in my photobucket...
If I find time i'll upload some posters I've done for work.
Back to top Go down
Johi

Johi

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:02 pm

I'd be interested in seeing them.
You do make these things just for fun or you planning to go into any design career?

As for Photoshop.. I used it once since it was easier to find extras for it than Paintshop, but I hated the program itself. I guess I just got used to PaintS. Even though I still don't know everything I can do with it, its easier for me to navigate.

I was playing around with the logo and actually came out with some pretty nice effects.

>3D effect<
>3D (darker)<
>3D (purple)<
>Blue<
>Wicked Purple< This one just turned out looking awesome.
>Jade<
>Dead Leaves<

Couldn't get me away from Paintshop now, even if you tempted me with booze and food.
Back to top Go down
Evasive
Suvi's Royal Guard
Evasive

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Lol im studding to be a chemist XD, I just design for fun, but my boss saw me make some stuff and now hes making me do every poster for events... Gets really annoying... He keeps calling me telling me to come in extra hours to work on posters -_-...

I'd highly recommend trying to get used to photoshop, you can do way more stuff in photoshop than painshop.

I'll probly upload some posters this weekend once I get them from my boss's laptop.
Back to top Go down
Ren-kun
Suvi's Royal Guard
Ren-kun

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:15 am

Wow this is the proness XD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some fan stuff *shrugs*   Some fan stuff *shrugs* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some fan stuff *shrugs*
Page 1 of 1